High ovality is a principal contributor to mechanical instability of refractory linings. Ovality, the dynamic change in the roundness of a kiln as it operates, is a very critical piece of information. A high-resolution electronic ovality beam from Phillips can provide the data necessary to accurately determine kiln ovality.
At six critical points around the shell at each pier, ovality measurements are electronically taken and subsequently downloaded to a computer. Ovality calculations and curves are computer-generated as high resolution graphs which are far superior to the traditional circular pencil charts.
Phillips ovality analysis is the only one on the market to use an electronic ovality beam. Other ovality methods use conventional mechanical beams, which have comparatively poor data resolution.
Identifying high ovality will help explain mechanical refractory failure and will help to give a more complete picture of the alignment characteristics of the kiln.
The data from the ovality beam is produced digitally, which permits graphing the results as standard x/y-axis plots. Consequently, the ovality characteristics are shown in far greater detail than has ever been possible before.
High-resolution ovality beam provides more accurate data than traditional ovality methods
- Direct digital readings
- Thermally protected gauge
- High resolution readings
- Software-controlled readings and data collection
- Fits any Kiln diameter without adjustment
- Self-adjusting magnets
- Complete software on board
- Readings are position triggered, not dependent on rotational speed of shell
- Storage capacity for a complete kiln
- Results immediately calculated
- Data sets download to personal computer to detail printout and graphs
- Personal computer software and instruction manual included
- % Shell Flex displayed on the PDA immediately after readings are taken
- Color LCD display
- PDA indicators for position and status verification
- Handles kilns with up to 8 piers.
- Hundreds of kiln files can be stored on the PDA.
- Intuitive touch screen operation
- Alnico 6 heat resistant magnetic self-adjusting footpads fit any diameter of kiln.
- Thermal break on indicator stem
- SFX to PDA wireless Bluetooth communication
- Flex values and curves are viewable on the PDA without the need of a computer (PC)
- Viewable values, graphs and printed reports via a PC are done with the SFX-REPORT software. File transfer from PDA to PC is done with included PALM T5™ USB cable and File Transfer program (PC not included). Alternate File transfer via included SD card reader
- Raw data and SFX "kln" files are in ASCII format.
- Internal temperature monitoring will display warnings on high temperature
- LED test
- Indicator test
- Battery monitor
- SFX Report software, a Windows XXXXâ compatible software package for complete data evaluation from individual curves either as Cartesian or polar plots to all summary graphs and evaluations.
- 1.75 Hours of Instructional Video divided into 30 chapters. Runs on T5 and PC via CDs.